The Montreal Language Festival, or “LangFest” for short, is North America’s premier celebration and conference for language learners and enthusiasts of all levels. LangFest 2018 will take place on the weekend of August 21 – 26, 2018 at Concordia University’s downtown campus in beautiful, eclectic, multilingual Montreal, Quebec.
LangFest attendees learn from and gain access to world-class language gurus, entrepreneurs, educators and industry professionals. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools, techniques and technologies to inform and inspire how you learn and use languages or teach them to others.
As a celebration of discovery and connection through language, LangFest promises many great opportunities to meet others to speak to in the languages you love. While many attendees may be working on their second or third languages, LangFest is a magnet for polyglots (a person who knows and is able to use several languages) from around the world. You are guaranteed to meet language enthusiasts who are learning or speak French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese or other languages with large populations around the globe. But don’t be surprised if you overhear (or get to participate in) conversations in other languages like American Sign Language, Gaelic, Cree, Yoruba or Greenlandic. LangFest is just that kind of a party!
Key themes and activities of LangFest 2018 will include:
- The latest language learning tools and techniques, including those applied by polyglots;
- Language workshops for beginners and intermediates;
- Raising multilingual children;
- Growing your language learning network;
- Cross-cultural relationships and multiculturalism;
- Academic approaches and findings on language acquisition and demographics;
- Minority or endangered languages;
- Entrepreneurship in the language learning industry;
- Games, picnics, dinners and other social activities;
- And many more informative and inspiring themes.